Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today is the first day of the rest of my life........


Today is the first day of the rest of my life......no it's not that serious but I am excited to create a new way to express how I feel about color! Let me introduce myself, my name is Kristy and I am a Color Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia. Every day of our lives we see color, but each of us sees it differently....that's what makes it so hard to choose!

Today I met with a client who had a fabulous house and it was decorated impecably, however, there was one thing wrong with it....the colors. In some cases it was just the trim was wrong, in some cases we had to change from the ceiling all the way down, and in one case it was painting a piece of art hanging on the wall. The client specifically wanted a historical look and preferred a mono-chromatic color scheme (which means we will need to uses varies shades of colors that do not offer a large amount of contrast). We used all Farrow & Ball colors and they are going to bring the whole place together. The home is historic and the walls need to tell a story, this is exactly what these new colors are going to do.

Over the next few days I will write about this project but I will give you a first look at where we started. It was the foyer....a beautiful wallpaper with warm but muted yellows and neutrals covers the upper walls. Below there is wainscotting in a coordinating color but......the trim.....stark white. There was a disconnect between the walls and the trim because of the harsh transition. We chose to paint the trim Matchstick #2013, Farrow & Ball describes this color as a warm color, just what we needed to tie the space together.


No comments:

Post a Comment